ACFNY SUPPORTED | Interactive Project “Gold Hands for Democracy” in support of Ukraine
Visual artist Nicola Ginzel invites random passersby, who wish to show their solidarity with Ukraine, to participate in her interactive project “Gold Hands for Democracy.”
The project seeks to illuminate the positive traits of humanity by using the symbol of the hand as a catalyst. Boundaries between nationality, ethnicity, race, religion, and gender are blurred as each participator leaves his or her handprint in gold on a sheet of 14”x 11”vellum. Most often, participators accompany their print with a written thought, a message, or a story.
As the shape of the hand has been around as long as WE have walked the earth, the color gold captures the value of human life. Nicola Ginzel has gathered gold handprints before – you can see the results of this previous project on her website and Instagram @goldhandsfordemocray. Find out more about the project and Nicola Ginzel’s biography.
For further information on how to participate as well as the exact dates and locations of this artistic project, please follow artist Nicola Ginzel under @goldhandsfordemocracy on Instagram!
This is a EUNIC Cluster New York event supported by:
- Ukrainian Institute of America
- Czech Center New York
- Consulate General of Estonia in New York
- Consulate General of Finland, New York
- Finnish Cultural Institute in New York
- Delegation of Flanders to the USA
- The Cultural Services of the French Embassy in the U.S.
- Goethe Institut New York
- Italian Cultural Institute New York
- Liszt Institute New York
- Consulate General of the Republic of Lithuania in New York
- Lithuanian Culture Institute
- Consulate General of Luxembourg in New York
- Polish Cultural Institute New York
- Consulate General of Portugal in New York
- Institut Ramon Llull New York
- Romanian Cultural Institute in New York